Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Avid "Crossgrade" Extended

Avid has announced it will extend it's $995 promotional price of Media Composer 5.5 through September to FCP users.  Avid also says since the FCPX rollout, sales of Media Composer has doubled.
This is probably due to Apple taking FCP7 off it's website.  You can't buy it anymore.  Period.  It's now FCPX or nothing.

If you're a small user, well, maybe you'll learn to like X.  But the big boys will switch.  For example, Dinsey owns 2700 licenses for FCP.  FCPX works though an itunes account which means Disney would have to have 2700 individual itune accounts that can't talk to each other.  They ain't going to do that.

If the big boys switch, then so will all the after market people.  So, we will end up switching.

I personally don't like Avid, they caused me problems (read, cost me money on a job) way back when I owned a post business.  I guess I'll keep using my FCP as long as possible.  And then, maybe I'll look at Adobe...

http://www.studiodaily.com/main/news/headlines/13276.html

1 comment:

  1. I just got an email today from Pro Max saying you can still get FCP 7 through them.

    ReplyDelete