Monday, May 21, 2012

Steadicam Rickshaw

Replacing the good ol' wheel chair is the Steadicam Rickshaw.  Looks like fun plus it's just a much better design with the push bar and pneumatic wheels.


They also make this car mount.  Where was this when I was doing Steadicam work way back when while filming the Blue Line tracks before there was a Blue Line?  And shooting a bike race on Catalina Island sitting on the roll bar of a VW Thing?



All that weight on a trailer hitch?  I have to see this in person at the Stabilizer Gear Expo.


http://www.steadicamrickshaw.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I'm the owner of this rickshaw and the creator of the Stabilizer Gear Expo. I wasn't able to attend my own Expo last year but I will be there this year (2013) and I will be bringing this rickshaw and a newer version.

    Yes! There is a huge amount of weight and force on the tow hitch. This configuration is ONLY for use with slow speed shots and has to be on completely flat surfaces.

    Hope you can make the the expo and I'll let you try it out. :- )

    Best,
    David Grove



    ReplyDelete
  2. Behind the scenes. Last video is in vehicle mount mode.

    http://steadicamoperators.org/rickshawvideos.html

    ReplyDelete