Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Zacuto Great Camera Winner: The Panasonic GH2

According to results of the Zacuto's "Revenge of the Great Camera Shootout 2012" the lowly $700 Panasonic GH2 is the Best Camera in the world.  Twice as good as an Alexa.  Yeah, right.


Why am I suspicious of these results?  Well the third place camera (Sony F3) and the last place camera (Sony FS100) have the same exact chip.  You'd think the scores would be a wee bit closer.  And that the iPhone was there at all... I wouldn't use my iPhone to shoot my kid's birthday party.

What it does prove is with enough work you can light any camera to look good.  I don't think I'll bother to watch the video...

http://news.doddleme.com/equipment/the-winner-of-the-revenge-of-the-great-zacuto-shootout-will-shock-you/?utm_source=Daily+News+Template+version+7%2F17%2F12&utm_campaign=7%2F1712+us&utm_medium=email

No comments:

Post a Comment