Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Movcam Cages & Baseplates

A couple of weeks ago I was at Band Pro for a special Sony FS700 thingy and got a chance to try different baseplate solutions from a variety of manufacturers and this is the one that caught my eye.


Movcam is part of 16x9 and what I liked about this above the others is you can mount a quick release directly to the bottom of the baseplate without having to go to an Arri or other proprietary dovetail.

I don't know about the whole cage (you don't need the side piece as the top handle bolts directly to the camera) but I definitely think I'll get the baseplate.


I'm just waiting for Movcam to stock the Arri to Sony rosettes for the grip extension.  Now, should I get silver or black?

http://16x9inc.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1007

No comments:

Post a Comment