Wednesday, December 14, 2011

iphone vs. Canon

I post a bunch of iphone accessories for fun and I hope people don't take it too seriously.  Not that the 4S doesn't take a nice picture, it does... for a snap shot camera.   To show the real difference between the 4S and a Canon 60D I snapped a couple of shots of Claudia, our talent du jour on a commercial I shot last week.

The above shot was taken with my 4S.  Sharp, in focus and overexposed.  I had Claudia under a 4x4 frame with Opal so she's a half stop under the background and and still she's hot... in more ways than one.  More importantly, everything is from the lens to infinity is in sharp focus.


Same shot with nothing changed except the camera: The Canon 60D with the Tokina 11-16.  I tried to match the wide lens of the iphone and note that even with the extreme wide angle I'm still able to get the background soft.  I also love how the 60D is fighting to hold the detail in the reflector kicking her.

With a real camera I can switch lenses.  Here I went with the 24-70 and look at the separation from the background.  So, does the iphone 4S take a nice picture?  Sure,  but it doesn't compare with a 60D in the hands of someone who knows how to use the camera.




No comments:

Post a Comment